Welcome to the first meeting for SocialMedia.org Health.
No presentations, just amazing conversations.
This isn’t a presentation, it’s a collaborative conversation between you and a handful of other leaders with the same jobs as you, facing the same challenges as you, at companies a lot like yours.
The most productive meeting you’ll attend all year.
At this formative meeting, we’ll spend some time getting to know each other as founders of the community, we’ll dig into our programs, and we’ll discuss the challenges we’re facing and how we can help eachother overcome them. This is a rare chance to talk about the real issues that come with running social media at a hospital — issues that will never be discussed on a conference panel, covered in an industry blog, or explained in a research report.
The purpose of the Founders Meeting:
The Founders Meeting is unlike the typical Member Meetings we’ll experience in the future. Our goal is to help set the stage for this fantastic new community.
As one of the founders, this is your chance to frame the issues, focus the purpose, and build deeper relationships with your fellow founders.
In addition to our usual small-group discussions on social media topics, we’ll also focus on:
- What are the critical issues for SocialMedia.org Health members to focus on?
- What are the unique challenges for social media at hospitals and in healthcare?
- What are the right types of institutions for membership in the community?
- Which individuals on your teams will be the best contributors to the conversation?
- The ground rules and format of SocialMedia.org Health activities
Vanderbilt University’s Student Life Center, 132C – Ballroom C
310 25th Avenue, South
Nashville, TN 37240
Monday, February 22, we’ll meet for a private, members-only dinner at the Blackstone Restaurant & Brewery (1918 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203). Drinks and appetizers will be served at 5:30 PM, with dinner at 6:30 PM.
Other meeting details:
- Date: February 23, 2016 (Founders Dinner is the evening of February 22)
- Time: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Cost: Free
We’ll start with morning large-group discussions. Then we’ll move into our afternoon small-group breakouts where you’ll share with other social media leaders like you in candid, off-the-record conversations.
- 8:00 AM — 9:00 AM: Breakfast
- 9:00 AM — 9:30 AM: Welcome and overview of how SocialMedia.org Health works
- 9:30 AM — 10:30 AM: Discussion 1: Get to know the other founders and a discussion on what roles and organizations you want as fellow members of the community
- 10:30 AM — 10:45 AM: Break
- 10:45 AM — 11:45 AM: Discussion 2: Define the topics and issues most valuable to you and the other members of the community
- 11:45 AM — 12:45 PM: Lunch
- 1:00 PM: Breakouts introduction
- 1:10 — 1:40 PM: Breakout Session 1
- 1:40 — 1:50 PM: Break
- 1:50 — 2:20 PM: Breakout Session 2
- 2:20 — 2:30 PM: Break
- 2:30 — 3:00 PM: Breakout Session 3
How it works:
Morning large-group discussion:
Our morning large-group format is where we’ll dig into some big topics together. This gets a lot of voices involved, and helps us warm up for the day of deep peer-to-peer discussions.
We’ll start with a blank grid on the wall that quickly fills with topics, questions, and ideas that members suggest throughout our morning big-group discussion.
You’ll help by grabbing a marker whenever a question strikes you during the day. Simply write it down and stick it to the wall. The most popular ones will become our breakout topics.
And remember: You’re among friends. If there’s a place to discuss the bizarre, oddball, and you-won’t-believe-this issues that come with running social media, it’s here.